Monday, May 19, 2008

And so it begins


What a great way to begin my sabbatical.  My last week was full of wonderful blessings.  Eleven of our young people confirmitzvahed and confirmed, choristers at Saint Paul's singing beautifully and a terrific send off on Sunday.  Finally, we celebrated Elliot's 6th birthday with friends all around.

And now it is Monday morning, the first day of sabbatical.  I must admit it still seems a little unreal.  What will I do for the next twelve weeks?  Sure, I have travel planned and some books to read, but what will really happen?  I guess that is the adventure of it all.  

The beginning of the adventure is a week in Hawaii. Yesterday  I noted Marva Dawn's four components of Sabbath keeping: ceasing, resting, embracing and feasting. I am taking to heart the sermon and will begin my sabbatical by ceasing normal activity and unplugging  the laptop.  I will feast of time with my family and the beauty of the earth.

I'm looking forward to sharing my sabbatical journey with you .  I'll post again when I get back from Hawaii.

No comments: